Setting up a Motus tower. Photo by: Tianna Burke.
The technology behind Motus is relatively inexpensive and highly customizable. The sections below provide resources for building and deploying receiving stations. For assistance with the setup of your project please see our Discussion Group, Troubleshooting Guide or contact us.
Deploying receivers as part of the Motus network involved the following steps:
- Register as a Motus User: Users wishing to deploy receivers must first register as Motus users.
- Create a Project: Collaborators must create a project using the online data management tools in order to deploy receivers.
- Station Equipment: Acquire the necessary components of the receiver to meet your needs.
- Register Receiver Deployments: WARNING: Users must register receiver deployments with Motus in order for their data to contribute to the network.
- Station Set Up: Instructions on site selection and station assembly.
- Download Data from SensorGnome or Lotek Receivers: Data collected by receivers needs to be downloaded and sent to Motus. Please see the instructions for downloading data that correspond to your receiver type. Station inspections should also be completed when downloading data to ensure proper station function.
- Submit Detection Data: Downloaded data must be submitted to Motus in order to contribute to the network.